Saturday, May 29, 2010

I have recently come across a type of oil containment system that looks to have been viewed as promising by USCG and industry at one time and may offer great promise in containing the spill at the source and/or protecting shorelines. It is known as pneumatic oil containment. It offers rapidly deployable, somewhat effective spill control even in waters that are influenced by wave and current action. I have seen no mention of it's use in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. I urge you to forward this information to anyone who might be effective in it's utilization to protect the environment in the region.

1 comment:

  1. I looks like a good idea for spills in shallower water. I think the pressure differences increase the amount of gas needed to create bubbles at 5000 ft to undoable levels. They would dispurse too much in the 5000 ft that would travel.

    ReplyDelete